Hinge holes in Rolling Nest

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Hinge holes in Rolling Nest

Post by Nick M Singer »

Picked up a beaut in Rolling Nest 4.74. If you have a sheet that is being nested for doors it is showing 1/2 the hinge holes on the upper face and the other 1/2 as flip operations. this is not so much of a problem with MDF but a real problem with veneered boards. Of course we are just ignoring the flips and drilling those holes manually.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Nick,

Not sure exactly what your seeing? If you send me the TWD file I'll be glad to take a look. For your information, there has been an update released to V4.75.

Thanks!

Ryan
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi Ryan

I have upgraded to 4.75 it makes no difference. It is happening with all my jobs now. I will try to explain.... Imagine you have a sheet of board on the tabe and you are cutting doors from it, What RN normally does is cut all the hinge holes on the topside of the board, obviously because doors do not require machining on the face, I am now getting some hinge holes cut the normal way but the rest require a flip op. I have attached a TWD of an offending file.
While we are about it is anything happening about he curious dado/ pocketing problem brought up on the forum previously whereby if you happen to do a cut out on a part in the part editor the dados in the part are then seen as pocketing ops with the accompanying tooling errors and therefore do not machine at all?
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Dang!! Where did that pesky file go? Lets try that again, Nope looks like I cant send TWD files!!! Will mail it to you Ryan