Not enough space disk

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Not enough space disk

Post by DanFecteau »

Since a couple weeks, when I try to nest jobs at the machine I get : Not enough space disk....I deleted a lot of files but still get this message a couple times a day, I have to restart the computer to solve and nest again ?? Can you help ?
James Newman

Re: Not enough space disk

Post by James Newman »

Hi Dan.
There are several things i need you to check. See how much disc space you have available on the C drive. Then check your Recycle Bin folder, first see how much space it's using and then delete anything inside. Let me know what you find.
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by DanFecteau »

Yeah....C drive is full, only 255kb left, what are the files I can delete on that drive ?
James Newman

Post by James Newman »

First would be to empty the recycle bin. Then check and see if any extra programs have been installed and are taking up the space. The next solution would most likely be a new re-partitioned hard drive.
Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Post by Dale Wills »

I have just encountered this very same problem....Our C drive is completely full and we can't run the machine because of it. I have emptied the recycle bin and done a disk cleanup but both have done nothing. Our machine has around 2gb allocated to C drive and around 38gb allocated to D drive. There is plenty of room on D drive. Can we re-partition the hardrive and allocate more space for C drive. What is the quickest way out of this so we can machine our jobs?
Dale
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Hi Dale, you could re-partiton the drive, but an easier fix for the time being may be to go to the TWD folder in the Rolling Nest folder on your C: drive and cut all the files from that folder (they are all jobs you have done previously-you will see from the file name) and paste them into a backup folder on your D: drive. My TWD folder is holding about 500MB at the moment.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Dale Wills

Post by Dale Wills »

Jason,

Our TWD files are not kept on Drive C and have always been kept on drive D. Every time we open up control nest the program freezes and you can't do a thing. I think the last couple of updates have been quite large and must have taken up a lot of the remaining space on C drive.

Dale
Dale Wills

Post by Dale Wills »

When I go into add/remove programs in my attempt to clear some space on c drive. It lists the last 6 or 7 updates that we have done. Am I able to delete these with exception for the lastest update and in doing this will it mess anything up?

Dale
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

yes you can uninstall any previous versions of CN that you do not need. This will not free up any real space though. THe best thing you can do to get up and running is to backup your toolman.thm file, your MACM999.THM, your offset tab directory, and then create the export file out of Control nesting. You can then run a partial restore on the c drive from your restore cd. After doing that, download and install the latest Control nesting and then copy all of your files back into their correct locations. This will restore the C drive back to what was originally on it at the time of delivery. If you have any questions on how to do anything that was mentioned above, please email us at program@thermwood.com for a detailed description.