Table Bearings

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Table Bearings

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good Morning
I want to take off the table and gantry track bearings to check and clean. I have read through the manual and everything, know that you must only take out one at a time. I wanted to begin at the table, but.....first off all our table have 6 bearings and not 4 like the manual say.....second our bearings unit is recess into the table, so supporting the table at one end loosing the bearing unit you can not slide it out like the manual show (I can not see that you have to jack the table up more to get the bearing out off the recess)
The gantry bearings will not be a problem, you will be able to loosen them and slide them off.
Any help?
Machine model C40
Thank you very much in advance
Marius
Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Re: Table Bearings

Post by Marius Gouws »

Ok, so nobody knows.
Keith Neal
Company Name: Wilbedone Inc.

Post by Keith Neal »

I agree with Marius,the instructions seem vague(am I missing something?)There are apparently 2 bearings on each rail(4per axis one in front and back). Knowing how to maintain them will obviously cut out any "downtime", I've been wanting to check ours out as wellto make sure our machine is in tip-top shape for years to come.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Depending on the size and type (ie: extruded or solid) of table that your machine has, the instructions in the maintenance manual may very slightly. Please contact our service dept. if you need further assistance regarding this topic.

email: service@thermwood.com

or

phone: 1800 221 3865 or 812 937 4476