Label Layout

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Label Layout

Post by Nick M Singer »

I dont know if this has come out before but I have been trying to print labels using some of the other label layouts in CN, specifically those for a 2" x 4" label. I am getting odd results even though everything seems to be set up correctly, each label is printing out over several labels. I also note that there is an "edit layout" button in the print setup but this does nothing. Besides buying the whole of Crystal reports, is there no way to edit the label layouts?
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: Label Layout

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

At this time the only way to edit the labels is to have the crystal reports software. If you need a label changed, please send a sample of the layout you want along with the actual label type and size to program@thermwood.com and I'll see what I can do. Please make sure to include your contact information.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Thanks for your input Daniel. All I want to do is add the part size (in a readable font size) to both lablesAll and lables Barcode. This still leaves may main question unanswered, and that is why do the lables print out over several lables?
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

If you have changed to a different label size you need to make sure that you change the paper size in the Dymo label printer settings also. This can be done by going to the control panel, printers, right click on the printer and go to properties. In the properties area, there will be a setting, usually called paper size, that you need to make sure matches the labels you are using. What Rpt file are you using to print your labels? I'll see if changes can be made to that specific Rpt file.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi again Daniel. Believe me if this was a matter of setting the paper size I would not be here, Been there done that! label still prints out over 3 labels. I only use the 2 original layouts, lables all and barcode, I have a version of Labels-all that I have saved from way back and use that,If I try to use any of the others it happens. I really only want to add the part size to the two standard labels in a large font so we can see it. Which begs the question as to why the part size is not on the label to start with?
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Nick,
If you email me the .rpt files that you are using I will look at getting them changed. Please email them to program@thermwood.com along with a picture of how the labels are printing incorrectly so I can see exactly what is happening.