ERROR ON CONTROL NESTING

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

ERROR ON CONTROL NESTING

Post by mohan kommineni »

hi all
we are having a severe problem with control nesting once entering into control nesting the thermwood genration 2controller installer comes up and after a minute or so it gives me 2errors and it keeps repeating the same error messages no end.
CN was working fine after i have upgraded to 5.53 the only issue was it as toooo slow while nesting atleast 20mins for 3 sheets of 8x6

the error messages are
get profstring failed for machine_id
problems reading INI ,cannot verify correct machine type

can some one pls look int this and advice us what to do

thanks
mohan
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: ERROR ON CONTROL NESTING

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Mohan,

Please perform the following with your THM software shutdown:

1.) Delete c:\Rolling Nest\history.mdb (DELETE only the "history.mdb" file)
2.) Run Latest install (Full or Repair)
3.) Start CN and then go into setting to "Keep Recut History" and set to zero

In the near futur, we hope to have revisions to the "Keep Recut History" option in CN which will resolve the sluggishness or crashing of CN software.
mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

Post by mohan kommineni »

thanks ryan
but before i get ur message i have reinstalled the whole image of c:drive freshly as there was another issue of no disk sace on c:drive left with only 200mb due to windows updates adobe updates office updates internet explorer updates and antivirus
is there any way to increase the partion sizei feel like 8.8gb is too small any way to upgrade or avoid the updates go into c:drive asthiscan give ample space for the c:drive and we have 65 gb sitting and doing nothing
pls advice if i could do something on this

and lastly after reinstall of the whole image and updated to 5.53 it is fine now but it shows as CN 5.53 but before we use to have the name as cn with profile modeler5.53 isther some thing iam missing installation

pls advice us thanks
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Mohan,

I've attached a file that will allow you to increase partion size on your control's hard drive. The only other option you would have, is to contact our retrofit/upgrade dept. ( retrofits@thermwood.com ) here at Thermwood and order a larger hard drive and request new RESTORE CD with partian accordingly.

In order to have Profile modeler on your control, you will need to install and run the latest update since restoring your C:\ . I've provided the link below where you can find the Profile Modeler Install and Update. I would recommend that you SAVE the install and update files to your PC, then run the install versus running from on-line source.

Link to Profile Modeler install and update files:
http://www.thermwood.com/header/profile_modeler.htm
Attachments
Changing size of virtual memory.doc
(30 KiB) Downloaded 244 times