5.57 update screen problem

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Dale Wills
Company Name: none

5.57 update screen problem

Post by Dale Wills »

Have just updated to 5.57 version of control nest and have noticed a problem on our machine. I was checking out the new add sheets settings page and found that the new buttons along the bottom are barily visable on our monitor. I can only see the top third of the buttons and can't make out their names. Also, the left hand side features are partly off the screen. I can't access the far left grain direction button at all. I previously had an issue with the 4 buttons along the bottom of the main control nest page where the EXPORT button is located on the far right. Here I can't access the EXPORT button at all as its off the monitor screen completely. I have tried adjusting the monitor and it hasn't been able to adjust to open up the viewing area as I need.
Does anyone else have this problem? If this is only happening to me means that I can't expect Thermwood to adjust the software to suit me and might mean a new monitor which from what I have heard is not as simple as plugging in a new one. I know they install LCD's in the new machines.
Dale
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Re: 5.57 update screen problem

Post by Larry Epplin »

Hi Dale. Would you please post an Export file? Since you can't get to the Export button just hit the E key. If the .cab file will not attach you can just change the extention to .txt.
Dale Wills

Post by Dale Wills »

Larry,
Attached is the requested export file. Thanks for your time.

Dale
Attachments
ControlNest5-57.txt
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 370 times
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

I see your problem. Control Nesting's graphics are drawing things too big due to the table size. We will get this addressed in the next update.

The table size is a value in Settings that is only used for graphical display. If you lower the size values and restart Control Nesting you will see the dialogs decrease in size and allow the buttons to be visible. Of course, if you are running sheets that are 2133mm x 3665mm when you Nest the dialog will increase again. So, if you are not running these larger sheets this will get things working for you until we get an update out.
Dale Wills

Post by Dale Wills »

Larry,
The biggest sheets we run are 3620 x 1820 so I have reduced the table size to this and was able to correct the problem height wise but still have not been able to fit the width of the screen in fully. Look forward to the update to fix this.
Thanks for your time,
Dale
Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good Morning
I have the same problem after updating from V5.48 to V5.57. The display on the super control is a 15" LCD and the resolution is set to 1024x768. It is only capable of 1024x768 and 800x600. If you could up the resolution then that would have fix it , but I cannot. And you can not re-size the Control Nesting window either. I can not even see the blue title bar at the top and last row of buttons on the main screen and in the off-fall screen. The biggest sheets we use are 2750X1830.
Thanks
Marius
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Marius,

You will notice that I've split this topic into a new topic: Control Nesting 5.57 - Drawer Box issues. I did this due to the fact that you started to go in a different direction from screen sizing issues and to help keep things organized.