Nest disappearing

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Keith Neal
Company Name: Wilbedone Inc.

Nest disappearing

Post by Keith Neal »

Often I add a few panel cuts to my dxf. files in the control nesting to see if I may squeeze a few more pieces into the "unused areas" of the sheet(the dxf. files being countertops and pieces backsplash,buildup,ect).Lately when I go back to the load screen and delete the added panel pieces(If I don't like how they nest or can get a better yield cutting with saw) or a particular dxf. piece(deleting nothing else) and return to the nesting screen I get a message saying there is nothing loaded to nest and all of the other parts are gone from the load screen when I return there.This has only been happening since I've upgraded to the latest control nesting. Is there a way I can set up control nesting so it only deletes what I selected instead of everything else as well(upon selecting ok to go to nesting screen)??? :wall: -Keith
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Nest disappearing

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Keith,
How are you deleting the item(s) you don't want to cut?
You can select the line item you want to modify, hit enter, then change the quantity to '0' - then it will be removed, at least that has been successful for me.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Keith Neal
Company Name: Wilbedone Inc.

Post by Keith Neal »

I've been highlighting the pieces I want removed and hitting the 'delete' button.I am going to try changing quantity to 0.thanks Josh-Keith
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

I've submitted the issue of missing, previously loaded items when returning to LOAD screen, to our software engineering group for review. As far as deleting/removing existing objects in Load screen the methods listed should work fine to my knowledge.