issues with CN 5.59 metric machie

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

issues with CN 5.59 metric machie

Post by mohan kommineni »

hi all
i have updated the machine with latest version and iam noticing different issues

1) not asking for a tool if a certain diameter tool is not setup it just takes any available last tool in that group (i.e if the slot is 6mm wide still if there is no tool of that size it starts cutting using 9.5mm which is in the list.
2)screen size i.e icons size is too big need to move the cn screen to access the icons and as said in the solution for the asked question by members i tried to check that file i cant see that word main font size all it has got is resolution iam not sure please look into this
3)cannot change the quantity to the required due to the recent upgrade as the quantity is being controled in the first line and all the parts qty is always 1
say even i need 3 cabs the parts remain same 1and the line 1shows 3cabs but lets assume i am repeating the qty due to some reason i need 3cabs completely all the parts out of which i dont need 3decks as i have 2 i need only 1how to get the qty here
4)ramp issue as on the first pass it is leaving the rampin material and starts cutting it in finish pass which is badtoo much load on the corner
5)started getting sheet info in all the programs generated by cn 5.59 after 901 and 902 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
as its too hard to edit programms like this say iam editing its easy in 5.58 because u have only 901or 902 in that line not alll xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writing

please advice us
mark mcbride

Re: issues with CN 5.59 metric machie

Post by mark mcbride »

hey,

i can help you with number 2. the words MainFontSize doesnt exist in that file you will need to add it. type in MainFontSize=8 or copy and paste from this post.
mohan kommineni

thanks for that mark it helped me to solve 1 issue

thank you
mark mcbride

Post by mark mcbride »

I'm glad I could help. There are two things about the new update that concerns me also. One is when I run a program with the dry run option turned on it will do the tool change from the home position ejecting the tool holder onto the floor. The other is not so much a concern but an option im going to keep my fingers crossed on and hope that the ability to delete individual files in the load screen may come back :wink:

Mark
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Mohan,

Could you please send me the supporting files (EXPORT, .esj, .hsf, etc...) so I can look into your remaining issues?

I will look into the tool dropping issue in Dry RUN mode as well.

Just as a suggestion, it is best to seperate or start a new post per issue, this will help keep things seperated by subject /title making easier to track and/or follow .......
Ryan Hochgesang

Mahon,

Regarding Statement/Question #3:

3)cannot change the quantity to the required due to the recent upgrade as the quantity is being controled in the first line and all the parts qty is always 1
say even i need 3 cabs the parts remain same 1and the line 1shows 3cabs but lets assume i am repeating the qty due to some reason i need 3cabs completely all the parts out of which i dont need 3decks as i have 2 i need only 1how to get the qty here

Regardless of the new changes in the LOAD screen regarding the Parent/Child listing of parts, you can still Select individual parts, then Press ENTER to allow you to enter desired Qty. You must remember that the Child (individual part) Qty. will be taken times the Cabinet Qty. when nesting job. For example: if you select to run 5 of a particular cabinet, then go to one of the particular parts and change qty. to 5, you will get 25 of the individual part.
mohan kommineni

Re: issues with CN 5.59 metric machine

Ryan Hochgesang wrote:Mahon,

Regarding Statement/Question #3:

Regardless of the new changes in the LOAD screen regarding the Parent/Child listing of parts, you can still Select individual parts, then Press ENTER to allow you to enter desired Qty. You must remember that the Child (individual part) Qty. will be taken times the Cabinet Qty. when nesting job. For example: if you select to run 5 of a particular cabinet, then go to one of the particular parts and change qty. to 5, you will get 25 of the individual part.
Hello Ryan

as discussed over the phone i hope you should have got the issue on qty by now
as you said we can select to run 5 of a particular cabinet, then go to one of the particular parts and change qty. to 1 still i get 5 parts and if i need only 1part cant be acheived with this setting i hope this will be addressed as early as possible with the other ramp in issues

in order to to double check i will send the file tomorrow morning Ryan

thanks for your support and advise

Regards
MOHAN
Ryan Hochgesang

Thanks for the call Mohan! I will continue to review your questions/concerns. I am most curious to see your supporting files, specifically the CNC to help understand what your seeing regarding #5.

Thanks!
mark mcbride

Post by mark mcbride »

Hello,

I've just experienced the same ramp in problem that was spoken about in number 4. I changed my ramp in depth to .1 for now. That may be a temporary solution for you Mohan until the the situation is resolved.

Mark
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

With regards to item #3:
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I find this to be absolutely broken.
I am frequently asked to "fill up the sheet" with miscellaneous parts, and I no longer have the ability to do this in the load screen.
As Mohan stated, having the ability to change the quantity of a "child" part without affecting or being affected by the "parent" quantity is essential. This may be due to yield issues, recut issues, or if a client were to call last minute and decide he wants to cut the additional three adjustable shelves from stuff in his shop to save the extra sheet.
Or maybe he calls last minute, and wants one extra adjustable shelf. If the "parent" quantity is "2" and the "child" quantity is "1" I cannot produce one additional shelf for a total of three. I could do four, but not three.
I think I see the logic in the original request to have this changed, but as evidenced, I just don't think it works for everyone.
Please count my vote to reinstate the "old way" into the next release,
Most kindly,
jnr :mrgreen:
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Ryan Hochgesang

#1.) I have created a general cab side with dado of 3/8", then made sure was NO tooling that could cut this dado (slightly smaller dia. tool than dia. or large enough dia. tool to cut dado within two passes) and did get the expected error of tool NOT FOUND. Maybe if I review your supporting files I will see something in particular...

#4.) There is currently a known issue with "Outline Rout" operations and parts getting a skin left on them. I've submitted this to engineering for fix. If this sounds different to what you experiencing, please submit your supporting files (EXPORT, .esj, esa, hsf, etc...) to: program@thermwood.com for review.

Thanks!
mohan kommineni

mark mcbride wrote:Hello,

I've just experienced the same ramp in problem that was spoken about in number 4. I changed my ramp in depth to .1 for now. That may be a temporary solution for you Mohan until the the situation is resolved.

Mark
Hello mark

i would try that for now and i feel this issue will be addressed soon.

Mohan
mohan kommineni

Josh Rayburn wrote:With regards to item #3:
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I find this to be absolutely broken.
I am frequently asked to "fill up the sheet" with miscellaneous parts, and I no longer have the ability to do this in the load screen.
As Mohan stated, having the ability to change the quantity of a "child" part without affecting or being affected by the "parent" quantity is essential. This may be due to yield issues, recut issues, or if a client were to call last minute and decide he wants to cut the additional three adjustable shelves from stuff in his shop to save the extra sheet.
Or maybe he calls last minute, and wants one extra adjustable shelf. If the "parent" quantity is "2" and the "child" quantity is "1" I cannot produce one additional shelf for a total of three. I could do four, but not three.
I think I see the logic in the original request to have this changed, but as evidenced, I just don't think it works for everyone.
Please count my vote to reinstate the "old way" into the next release,
Most kindly,
jnr :mrgreen:

Hello josh
as you said it is good to revert back to previous version due to all issues and confusions in this step of upgrade but even reverting back will not solve the issue as it had a big flaw THAT THE ACTUAL PARTS COULD BE NEGATIVE IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION WHICH WILL INDIRECTLY CAUSE THE cn to CRASH when the job IS NESTED

my suggestion here is to have the previous version state and control the system to not to have negative values in the QTY

REGARDS
MOHAN
mohan kommineni

Ryan Hochgesang wrote:#1.) I have created a general cab side with dado of 3/8", then made sure was NO tooling that could cut this dado (slightly smaller dia. tool than dia. or large enough dia. tool to cut dado within two passes) and did get the expected error of tool NOT FOUND. Maybe if I review your supporting files I will see something in particular...

#4.) There is currently a known issue with "Outline Rout" operations and parts getting a skin left on them. I've submitted this to engineering for fix. If this sounds different to what you experiencing, please submit your supporting files (EXPORT, .esj, esa, hsf, etc...) to: program@thermwood.com for review.

Thanks!
Hello Ryan

as you said issue #4 is the same like what every one else is facing
and coming to issue #1 it doesnt work for us. i will retry today and update you soon
and to double check i have sent the files to you and program@thermwood.

Regards
MOHAN
mohan kommineni

Hello Ryan
I have figured out the issue i think its different issue its fine with dado as per your test, but if u have a pocket that is manually created pocket or a slot in ecabinets then it is not working, i have sent the separate cab file with out 5mm tool in that group and the required twd to test it

please advice

REGARDS
Mohan