Cannot Create Toolpath in CN5.59

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

Cannot Create Toolpath in CN5.59

Post by mohan kommineni »

hi all
is there anyone facing this issue or ever come across this sort of silly trouble its so simple shape and the machine is not allowing to do and comes up with a error message telling cannot create toolpath, failed to create toolpath.
i have attached my cab file and esj files please if any one would try to figure out what is the issue on this silly job.

Regards
Mohan
ControlNest5-59cab.esj
please change the extension to .cab
(76.94 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Attachments
insert hole.esj
has got two jobs
(178.02 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
James Newman

Re: Cannot Create Toolpath in CN5.59

Post by James Newman »

Hi Mohan,
Looks like you need a smaller tool setup. The error keeps occurring on Back 1, the smallest tool setup is 5mm.
The pocket you have created is 6.04mm wide. If you create another operation tool, make the new tool diameter 2.97mm,
with a max stepover of 80%, the part nests fine. You can change the max stepover to a larger value and that will allow
you to use a slightly larger diameter tool than the 2.97mm. Hope this helps.
mohan kommineni

James Newman wrote:Hi Mohan,
Looks like you need a smaller tool setup. The error keeps occurring on Back 1, the smallest tool setup is 5mm.
The pocket you have created is 6.04mm wide. If you create another operation tool, make the new tool diameter 2.97mm,
with a max stepover of 80%, the part nests fine. You can change the max stepover to a larger value and that will allow
you to use a slightly larger diameter tool than the 2.97mm. Hope this helps.
Hello james
i can see what you are trying to tell us but in the first place the job is only of three holes to be punched two of 6mm to a depth of 10mm and one at 22.5 diameter cut through, to drill 6mm hole i dont need to have 2.97mm tool in set up as i have already got 6mm tool in the setup since i couldnt figure out why the hell this silly machine dont take the hole as drill i thought i would put rectangle cut and see whether it does the job but funny thing is it have shown error in both the cases you can see my file in the esj file
i hope some one can understand and get us a simple solution in this cases in future
as this shows the machine capability every time we take a new job we fail to finish it in the first attempt apart from the cabinets
imagine the time loss for this silly shape

thanks to one and all
Regards
Mohan
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Mohan,

I've recently down loaded your files and do not get error when nesting.... are you still having issues or have you found your answer?
mohan kommineni

Ryan Hochgesang wrote:Hi Mohan,

I've recently down loaded your files and do not get error when nesting.... are you still having issues or have you found your answer?
hello Ryan
we still get the same error message alll the files are above to review
please advice

MOHAN
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Mohan,

I apologize for the length of time it took to get you a straight answer on this issue.

I have found that you are unable to have an open pocket within another, Control Nesting will not pickup on this type of pocketing scenario. For example, the issue with part that you've submitted ( 5mm tool not being picked up to machine smaller/less deep pockets on either side of larger dia. pocket ) is due to the fact that the smaller pockets are open into larger pocket and are not of the same depth.

I hope this makes sense. In any case, I've been informed that this sort of pocketing routine has been put on the list for future implementation into the Control Nesting software.