First trial (and issues) with Profile Modeller

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Dave Poulin
Company Name: Silver Creek Cabinetry

First trial (and issues) with Profile Modeller

Post by Dave Poulin »

Ok, so I have done in the past a few modelled run thru CN without any major issues.

Figured out the difference between custom and profiled job in the PM setting, realized the limitation with PM and CN, and this bring us to my current problem.

I have no problems running a part thru CN, but if I try to run the part directly from CNC code generated from PM, The machine is cutting in the air. Almost seems like PM is not taking into account my wasteboard thickness!

Does this make sense?
David Poulin
Shop Manager
http://www.cabinetworksplus.com
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: First trial (and issues) with Profile Modeller

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

You are correct. Profile Modeler does not use the wasteboard thickness when it creates the code. If anything though, it would have the tool cutting into your wasteboard if the tool is set up properly. Verify that the tool you are using is set up in tool management and has a correct daylight value for it. Hope this helps.
Dave Poulin
Company Name: Silver Creek Cabinetry

Re: First trial (and issues) with Profile Modeller

Post by Dave Poulin »

Daniel, Guess that logic is right, tool would be cutting in board, but it is not. It's roughly 1/4" past. Tools are setup ok, cause I cut from CN with no issues. Will Try again later this morning to double check or replicate the problem on a different profiled piece. Currently have a couple rush jobs to do and will explore further.

Thanks
David Poulin
Shop Manager
http://www.cabinetworksplus.com