Off fall labels

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Steve Detina
Company Name: Silhouette Custom Cabinets

Off fall labels

Post by Steve Detina »

Is there anyway that we can get the off fall labels to print without having to size the off fall. This was working a while back but it was lost in one of the upgrades. It really extends my 1/2" tool life if I do not have to trim the off all every time.

thanks in advance.

Steve
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Off fall labels

Post by Josh Rayburn »

I have found this to be the case as well. I do not trim my off-fall on a regular basis and would also like to be able to label it.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Gary Campbell
Guru Member
Company Name: ShopBot Tools Inc

Post by Gary Campbell »

Guys...
I love the ability to label the offall. I understand that some sheet look like they need to be trimmed. But they dont. Just labels.

Workaround: Nest with off falls on and print labels. Turn off the off falls cut feature. Cut as normal. You have labels, you have no off fall trim. Life is good.
Gary Campbell
ShopBot Tools Production Support

ShopBot (eCabinets) Link Training & Support
Dave Poulin
Company Name: Silver Creek Cabinetry

Post by Dave Poulin »

Guys...
Workaround: Nest with off falls on and print labels. Turn off the off falls cut feature. Cut as normal. You have labels, you have no off fall trim. Life is good.
Sorry Gary (thanks for the tip), life is not good. Just one more work around to do! I have enough issues with the amount of time it takes some jobs to nest that it would be nice to have that check mark.

Our machine was shipped back in april with cn5.53, this feature was not on that version. If it was on before I don't know but I support the Idea. now to version 5.59> i'mstill using 5.58 cause i'm scared to update, partly from previous post!

Thanks Dave
David Poulin
Shop Manager
http://www.cabinetworksplus.com
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Bummer, just updated my control nesting software... it used to just label the off fall w/out the cut. I have the operators doing the workaround, but have to agree with Dave. I hate workarounds as I have multiple operators and keeping everyone straight is real headache. Please put my vote in for doing the "old way". I'd be interested to hear why this changed. Part of my problem, is my machine will not physically cut to the extents of the table like all the newer machines. I have the first two table model 42 (#1) and the linear "Y" glides don't have the extra 1" or so that is needed to get all the way to the edge of the table. Yes I could put in the offset with a different fence but then what is the point of the factory installed flip stops (another workaround).
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Gary Campbell
Guru Member
Company Name: ShopBot Tools Inc

Post by Gary Campbell »

Fred...
I agree. The last 50 sheets or so, I have just left the off falls turned off. Workarounds are just that.... more work. Which equals less money. Almost cheaper to throw the material away.

As a SB Link user, I am not sure I even know what the "old way" was.
Gary Campbell
ShopBot Tools Production Support

ShopBot (eCabinets) Link Training & Support
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

I will submit this request to our Engineering group and see if we can get the capability back to generate Off-fall label even when off-fall cut is not performed.
Thanks for your input!