E-stop while running

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Rob Davis
Guru Member

E-stop while running

Post by Rob Davis »

1st time this has happened to me but honestly I am uncertain I have used Rolling Nest for 61x121 material before. We have a CS45 5x10. I have successfully run 5x10 MDF (61"x121") lots of times before but mostly in Mastercam. I have a job in eCabs that I selected to use this material to cut it out and it is 66 smaller parts. File is attached if really interested but I think I have the answer and am looking to verify my logic. (If you look at file, I need 44 left ends and 22 backs only.)
So, it appears to me I am nesting too close to the machine limits. It does all the pocketing without issue. When it goes to outline, it wants to do the 1st part and it is close to the edge by tool holder and it e-stops. I am not getting a message that I can find - it just goes into e-stop. When it e-stops, the Absolute X value is -0.1558, which I am guessing the machine thinks is out of bounds. My collar is set to 0.060", I nest with a 0.375 bit and I do NOT have nest to edge of sheet marked. I am thinking what I need to do is to either use material that is 60x120 or else can I "fake it" by setting my collar to 0.750 or something like that? Is that correct?
If it is something else, any suggestions? I have to quit for today but thought I'd get this out on forum so I can read all your wisdom in morning. Yes, I am working Saturday!
Thanks.
Attachments
shade display.esj
(182.02 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: E-stop while running

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Yes Rob, it seems you are getting into the toolchange safety zone when cutting the outline of parts on this sheet. The best way to get around this issue is to decrease outline cut tool dia. or increase your colar setting.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Rob,
I just call all 121" mat 120" in the material description.
I did not look at your nest, but this works unless you actually need all 121".
You wont be alone Tommorow, I will wallow in sorrow with you.
Sad to say I will be in her Sunday also as has been the norm for the last 6 weeks...
Either trying to get work done or bidding to get work in.....
What a vicious circle...........
Oh Yeah, if you dont need all 121" of your sheet, you can use your same twd file by just using the add sheet feature in control nesting and call your add sheet or sheets 60x120 and renest, it will use your add sheets first, so just add them in enough qty for job and you will save some time changing material, etc........
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

I sort of had the same problem this weekend with the flip operation on the 4 x 10 sheets. The control wanted to put a 3 inch ramp in, in the tool changer area . Fortunately I was able to change my sheet size to 48 x 116 but my first solution
was going to be toggle output 34 to override the tool safety zone estop
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

I sort of had the same problem this weekend with the flip operation on the 4 x 10 sheets. The control wanted to put a 3 inch ramp in, in the tool changer area . Fortunately I was able to change my sheet size to 48 x 116 but my first solution
was going to be toggle output 34 to override the tool safety zone estop
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Just to close the loop on this thread, since I only needed this part for that day (5 sheets and not a recurring product yet), I just made my collar =0.75" which allowed for the -.1558 machine wanted, plus my .375 bit plus some safety factor. Worked fine but just wasted a little material on the sides. This saved me from renaming the material 60 x 120 as I have other parts that use this material and I don't want to redo them all.
Thaks for all the input. FWIW, I try to avoid undoing and redoing toggles as I know one day the operator (mostly me) will forget to redo it and we will crash. We try to run the thing the way it was designed. Just our opinion.
Rob