Just thought you would like to know

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Just thought you would like to know

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey how's it going?

Just thought to tell you that i ran the biggest nest we have done so far which was 88 sheets of board. and it went off with out a hitch
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

Just out of curiosity how long did it take to nest it?

I have found the nesting to be pretty quick over 20-30 sheets.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Glen how's it going?

I think it took like maybe 5 mins to nest and about the same time for it to write the cnc code. i dont blame it for taking a long time it had about 24000 lines of code to write! well there was one problem but not a major one on the flip op on partions with adj shelf holes on both sides it only drilled one hole on the other side no big thing can just drill them out from the other side. 2.5 rolls of labels though each roll has about 260 labels on them!
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Thom,

And anyone else who can use this info we have found it faster and easier to write the cab number on the parts instead of using labels. Does anyone else do this? You can print barcode labels only which are fine for flipops. This works if your guys don't require alot of additional part info.

Forrest
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

We print the sheets identifying the parts and only print the flip operation stickers. We don't use the labels other than to get teh barcode off them. We use a #3 pencil to ID the parts on the table and write them in a non conspicuous place. sand off easily if wqe need them to. Plus no adhesive residue to gum up stuff. Works great and we don't use that many lables.

We also stack our cabinets on separate carts or in layers on a cart with each cabinet separated. But the biggest nest we have doen is 41 sheets. Our typical nest is about 20 to 25 sheets (full kitchens)

Works for us anyway.