CN 5.65 ISSUE on ecab and also CN

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

CN 5.65 ISSUE on ecab and also CN

Post by mohan kommineni »

hi all

please advise me where we are going wrong the job after nesting shows like this pls look the attachments
the hinge holes are out of the machine area and ecab is issue
but CN accepts and nests and writes program to an area where the machine cant reach

please someone look at this and advise us asap

Thanks one and all
Mohan
Attachments
ControlNest5-65.cab.esj
(122.6 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
corner unit.esj
(12.02 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
y.JPG
x.JPG
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: CN 5.65 ISSUE on ecab and also CN

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

I can verify that there is an issue with the nest but your esj file is empty. Please email it to cabinets@thermwood.com so we can look at the job. Thank you.
mohan kommineni

Daniel Vonderheide wrote:I can verify that there is an issue with the nest but your esj file is empty. Please email it to cabinets@thermwood.com so we can look at the job. Thank you.
Hello Daniel

please find the attached new esj file and yes even i tried to save design back in ecab into the esj couple of times its not opening back after saving but i did it through batch now it should open with out trouble.

Thanks
Mohan
corner COUNTER.esj
new updated file
(842.02 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Daniel, We are also have trouble with parts coming through from Ecabinets the wrong size and holes being drilled on neighboring items. We can see its wrong in the CN screen but are not sure of the part untill we print the sticker which is a pain. We could simply remove that part from the nest as its usually a few parts that have been corrupted. When we go back into ecabinets we can see that part has changed for some reason but it is easily fixed by removing then adding back in. The process to find that part is time consuming both on the cnc operator at the Ecabinets detailer. I'm sure this will be fixed but could we not see what parts are on each nest sheet doing this on the fly. I guess this getting back to one of the old wish list items on being able to manually move parts around in the nest to manually over ride the Thermwood optimizer. Also to remove a part totally or cut and paste to another nest sheet. I guess we are able to dream.
Have a good weekend.
Regards
Neville
Neville Australia
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

I found this issue when i took out hinge holes on CNR units. on a 3 door unit. If i take 1 hinge patten out and regen it a few times in ecab it doesnt turn up. if it does i write the code, then i read and edit the code by looking out for werid numbers. E.G Y-100 OR X1800 when i know these numbers r out of bounds for it! It all begins at ecab! all i can say is REGEN! REGEN REGEN! lol

Cheers

Thom Davies
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Thom is correct. A simple regen in ecabinets does take care of this issue. If you are not familiar with the process, this is where you open the cabinet in the cabinet editor, then open the construction settings and click the OK button at the bottom without changing any settings. You then resave the cabinet. Hope this helps.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member

Hey Thom,
I think you been watching too many Dr Who rerun episodes. Regen Regen Regen Oh no got that wrong its exterminate,exterminate,exterminate. Well I guess we do feel that way about Ecabinets from time to time :wall:
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
mohan kommineni

hi all

every one is coming up with one or the other reason but my simple question is even ecabinets has got issue how can CN allow a job to be nested out side the material size in some cases even if the board size is 3mm short for trimming outline the CN doesnt accepts some sheets but how is this happening nesting out of sheet

i know it could be issue in ecab itself but CN is blindly nesting it with out any intimation(WARNING) and when running the job comes up on the screen out of bounds what happened to this out of bounds while nesting the job.

please some one look into this seriously

Regards
Mohan
Neville Bastian
Guru Member

That is a good point Mohan. The CN should be alerting to a problem or even refusing to nest with the haywire part. If a part is oversize it won't nest so it does have the ability to throw out parts that are incorrect. Doing machining on adjacent parts apart from wasting material could cause operator and machinery damage.
Neville
Neville Australia
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

I will pass on your recommendations to the software engineers for review. Thank you for your input.