DXF File Nest

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Daniel Bell
Company Name: Central City Millworks

DXF File Nest

Post by Daniel Bell »

Im trying to load and cut a dxf file through control nesting for the first time and am having some issues. It is a pilaster for a bar with four evenly space flutes on a pocket layer along with the named outline layer, which i do not intend to cut.

1) The part keeps wanting to nest itself perpendicular to the way it is drawn. In other words the length is going along the y-axis, which poses a problem as the part exceeds the table parameters. Turning of the grain setting in my material solved the problem, but I still dont understand why it is default nesting along the y-axis, since it is drawn vertically along the x

2) I am unable to set the fixture offset where i want it. In control nesting undersetting i have checked use fixture offsets and entered my g52L code for the position I want but the machine is always starting on the opposite side. I have tried changing start point in nesting parameters and this didnt help either.

Thanks for any input

Daniel
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: DXF File Nest

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Daniel,

Please email a copy of the following to our support email address and we will have a look:
- dxf file
- Export file from control nesting (nest file, then choose EXPORT)

support email address: program@thermwood.com
Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Post by Terry Davis »

rotate your DXF drawing 90 degrees in your cad program, save, and re-nest.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

I have not recieved your files for review, however, another thing you can look into would be in the SETTINGS, you will also find the Part Rotation Step Angle that affects nested angle of part.