Flip sheet reference

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Flip sheet reference

Post by Josh Rayburn »

For those of us who do not have pop-up pins, when is the ability to control the flipped sheet reference going to be available?
We still need to manually change all our flip sheet code from G901 to G902 so we can have a reference that works instead of the inaccurate wood pins.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Flip sheet reference

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Josh,

I can not give you a definite answer on this, but will put this request in to our engineering dept. Thanks for your input!
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Thanks Ryan, I had discussed this with someone on the phone a while ago and was assured the request was submitted already, but two requests are better than one right?
:D
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Ryan Hochgesang

The more I think about this topic, I find room for question when considering to add another setting for Control Nesting...

Are you wanting the nesting software to write a second offset per sheet when performing the secondary op? Or, are you simply requesting the ability to change the offset that is used for the Flip Op First option (ie: G902 vs. G901 )? If it's the later of the two things I've stated, then you can simply go into the Fence Location option in SETTINGS and change from G901 to G902.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Ryan,
I would like to run the primary operation and two sided trim at G901 and I would like to have the code ONLY for the flip operation, i.e. the secondary machining process on that same sheet, to use G902.

This obviously applies only to flip op's first. For "regular" flip operations, i.e. on a part-by-part basis ("the old way") I already have the flip fence setting at G902 and that is not problematic, it works great. That setting does not apply to flip sheets though, so I have to manually change all the code with flip sheets to G902 after the 2-edge trim operation.

Hope that's clear...??
Thanks,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Ryan Hochgesang

That is clear. However, the only issue that I see with making changes to the offset method for Flip Op First, second side of sheet, is the unknown amt. of other current users would have become familier to the current method. Simply changing the CN software to post the Flip Op fence/fixture offset location would likely upset a lot of systems.

At this point you may want to consider making your primary fence a bit more rigid to hold better tolerance for flip operations.