Bargstedt material handling system

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Bargstedt material handling system

Post by Neville Bastian »

I was wondering if anyone is using a Thermwood with this system. It is marketed by Homag who have their own cnc but I'd rather keep with the Thermwood If I can get them to talk to each other. Very early days but maybe someone can shed some light on if fessible. Its a shame Thermwood haven't developed their own material movement system as it seems its just a over sized X,Y,Z table movement when bought back to the basics.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Bargstedt material handling system

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Neville,

I do not know much about the system you mention, however regarding communication to another device, you have the option on your Thermwood Control to monitor and activate/deactivate inputs and outputs within a part program. The following codes will allow such operation at given time in which the code is executed:

M60L# ( Monitor Input # for ON status )
M60L-# ( Monitor Input # for OFF status )
M61L# ( Activate Output # )
M62L# ( Deactivate Output # )

You will have to refer to your machine schematics to see available inputs/outputs or contact our service dept. (service@thermwood.com) with your machine number. You can also add additional hardware to your control to support additional inputs/outputs.

Another option you would have if your system requires a more PC based integration, would be the ability to use AFL to communicate. An example: Starting an executable file (.exe) to perform a process, then return to part program and continue further CNC operations.