How long can the Machine Run for?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Gerry A Brown
Company Name: Old Style Woodwork

Re: How long can the Machine Run for?

Post by Gerry A Brown »

Georgi,

No fear of me running my machine that long. I thought that was interesting about the Busch pumps though. Not something you want to find out after the pump has seized :wall:

Gerry
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Gerry A Brown wrote:Georgi,

No fear of me running my machine that long. I thought that was interesting about the Busch pumps though. Not something you want to find out after the pump has seized :wall:

Gerry
After 4 years on our first CNC and 3 years on our second CNC we finally set up maintenance check on our 3 Busch pumps. We have double 10HP on our old machine and single 25Hp on the newer machine. The need came from a lose wire that was drawing too much power and tripping the switch. We got the oil and filter changed as well. Just to give you an idea how though those pumps are. This maintenance should have been done 2 years ago.

Since then we've set up annual maintenance on the pumps with Busch Canada. The two CNCs are the only thing in the shop that can't stop running so spending the money on maintenance will eventually pay off.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hey Georgi, Whats the managers name? Not George by any chance? Does he own a wide brimmed hat?

Getting serious now. With my pumps they seem to be always under working conditions. So when you apply the valve to the bed its still working as hard when the valve is turned off. When you power down the pumps, even though are not switched on to the bed they stop rotating very quickly. My old cnc had them open to the air when valve was off to the bed so they just sucked free air and they seemsed to work easier. When turned off in that situation they slow spun to a stop.
Is my setup the same as yours?
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Neville, I couldn't catch the first part of your reply. I sense joke but it might be cultural. I guess when you see my name you can guess that English may not be my fist language. Anyways I am fresh off the boat as you may refer.

Anyways to the question. I can't really compare as we have the same setup on both machines but it seems ours is more like the latter case in your reply. It works easy when the valve is off (no vacuum in the table).