ControlNesting placing dado on wrong side of part

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Daniel Bell
Company Name: Central City Millworks

ControlNesting placing dado on wrong side of part

Post by Daniel Bell »

I am making a cabinet with blind dado contruction that looks great in Ecabinets, but when I go to nest the parts in CN, one of the dados shows up on the wrong side of part. The deck of the cabinet is going into partitions rather than an end piece, which is the only shall I say "abnormal" set up for the cabinet. The part has the deck and a stretcher attached, the stretcher dado looks good in the nest, but the dado for the deck is showing up on the opposite side of the part.

Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue.

Thanks for any input, nest export and .esj attached
Attachments
1500Sugarbowl.zip
(483.48 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
lockerpartitionrecut.esj
(926.02 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Daniel Bell

Re: ControlNesting placing dado on wrong side of part

Post by Daniel Bell »

The cabinet is made of mdf layed up one side and two sides.

The top, deck, and ends should be layed up on side, while interior shelves and partitions are layed up two sides.

When i revert to all one type of material and dont adjust for thickness, the part nests just right.

When I place the appropriate material thickness and type of material (1 sided or 2 sided) where I need it, the dado placement changes from one side of the part to the other.

????????????????? :wall:
Daniel Bell

Re: ControlNesting placing dado on wrong side of part

Post by Daniel Bell »

For anyone possbily following this, the solution was to remove one of the dados, and make the deck a stretcher rather an actual deck. For whatever reason, control nesting get confused when changing material thickness if parts are not set up in a traditional way (i.e. decks dadoing into partitions rather than ends).

Got some good feedback via email from programming department. Thanks for your help.

Daniel