G-Code Verification Software/ Backplot

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

G-Code Verification Software/ Backplot

Post by Georgi Baltov »

I've been wondering if any of you have been using any backplot software that could be installed on the CNC computer for operators to verify/ check understand what the program/ machine will be doing. Does Mastercam have something like that? Even if we have to buy it? The in program backplot and 3D verify work great but I need something on the machine to help my operators get a better idea how the machine is going to cut but also for double checking me as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Re: G-Code Verification Software/ Backplot

Post by Rob Davis »

Georgi, we use MAsterCam and it has a backplot and 3D verification run. However, I am only familiar with using it for MasterCAm generated programs. I am not sure if you are asking for this to use on eCabs or not. We use the backplot A LOT when we develop all new programs.
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: G-Code Verification Software/ Backplot

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Georgi,

We use CIMCO Edit Pro. It gives me that ability to visually verify the NC code that was produced by virtually any package. It is not a high-end solid verification tool, but allows you to see where the tool is going and the code that is directing it. There is a version of Cimco included with most recent Mastercam versions but that OEM version does not contain the BACKPLOT feature.

The link below is just the graphics window showing the backplot of a rope molding program that is destined for a Thermwood Rotary Playback Unit (RPU). It works equally well with simple 3 axis stuff.

http://www.cncautomation.com/files4you/ ... _CIMCO.avi

Contact me and I can send you a quote.
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation