x axis can't home, machine won't come out of e-stop

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

x axis can't home, machine won't come out of e-stop

Post by Daniel Odom »

I was running a test program in the air before lunch and hit the e-stop during the run. I tried to reset and home like I always do and before the x-axis reached the limit it threw up an e-stop. I tried everything to reset the machine and nothing seems to work. If I push the x-axis to where the sensor lines up with the metal bar the machine will come out of e-stop, but when I try to home, the x-axis throws up an e-stop (y and z are fine) :wall:. Does this sound familiar to anyone or does anyone know of a fix? Does this have something to do with the c-marker? Thanks if you can help.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: x axis can't home, machine won't come out of e-stop

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Daniel, Ill take a guess that maybe you jump a notch in the drive belt. I'll also recommend that you only hit the e-stop in an emergency not just as an everyday method of stopping the machine. If it is not transitioning you can slow it to a stop or hit block stop. If you have a moving gantry machine I would check the belt to make sure while in home position the factory marks line up. I know that's a little vague but maybe gets you closer. Forrest
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: x axis can't home, machine won't come out of e-stop

Post by Daniel Odom »

Thanks for the help, I think it was just the pop up pins causing the problem.