CN:5.70 issue on waste board settings

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

CN:5.70 issue on waste board settings

Post by mohan kommineni »

Hello all
we have just updated both the ecabinets systems and the control nesting software on the machine and now when we try to cut a job the its not cutting it to the exact depth and figured out that it was due to a bigger waste board thickness set in the program and after checking the settings on CN it shows different waste board thickness there but when it generates the program its not being taken in to consideration

waste board thickness not being not taken from settings but else where and not sure from where as it has got a different thickness from the settings menu
to me looks like a bug but has any one so far faced this and is there a way to fix this quickly.(metric settings)

any suggestions please

Thanks
Mohan
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: CN:5.70 issue on waste board settings

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

The newest version of Control Nesting allows you to create settings for each material group from the tooling area. If you set your wasteboard thickness in the settings area of control nesting, make sure you are setting the wasteboard in the correct group. You can see and change the groups in the settings area in the lower right corner.
mohan kommineni

Hello Daniel

Thanks for the hint. just want to know why was this change has been done in the (CN ADDING INDIVIDUAL GROUP WASTE BOARD THICKNESS) is this some one has requested for or just as the part of software upgrades.

the only issue is just imagine we have 44 groups and and have resurfaced the spoilboard so we have to go and update all the 44 groups waste board sheet thichkness (imagine the time being spent everytime the board is resurfaced)

is it not possible to set the software so that it obeys the default thickness which is being entered in the settings to be applied to all the groups in default and the users who really need different spoilboard thickness based on individual group can just change it (override the deafult thickness)or can you people add a little check box where users can decide whether or not to use default thickness of the waste board to apply to all the groups
just thinking this way so that it is also helpfull to every one instead of going through all this groups to manually change the waste board thickness.
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

I will pass your request to our software engineers.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

So you have to update the thickness every time the wasteboard is resurfaced? I was going to update it on my machine as v6.69 is cutting flip cuts on the face but now I am not sure. I think v6.70 has the same issue though. That's really irritating.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Is v5.70 taking care of wasteboard thickness if you have nemi table instead? Both our machines have it
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Not only should the waste board issue be addressed but also the cut through amount it would be nice to default these settings to all groups
mohan kommineni

Scott Marshburn wrote:Not only should the waste board issue be addressed but also the cut through amount it would be nice to default these settings to all groups
you are right scott.
it would be better option to the user to select whether to have default cut through amount or have individual cut through amounts based on the groups it would be upto thermwood engineers to incorporate this feature just adding a radio or a check box just next to both wasteboard and cut through amounts which then gives us the control to select the default settings or untick the check box if need the custom settings.

as Daniel Vonderheide said,I will pass your request to our software engineers.
Thermwood engineers should really take a serious note of these two settings and try to impliment the feature in the near future update.