CN 5.71 RAMP IN area not being cleaned out

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

CN 5.71 RAMP IN area not being cleaned out

Post by mohan kommineni »

Hello all
we are facing serious problems as the frequency of scrap jobs have become more due to this ramp in step not being cleaned out in the first pass and when doing the second pass the job starts moving out as they are small when the cutter touches the ramp in area not only that piece but also the pieces which are around it are getting affected and scrapped as they tend to move also
is there any setting that need to done to have the ramp in area cleaned in the first pass or is it a bug
is anyone else facing the same issue WE are RUNNING IN METRIC MACHINE SETTINGS can this affect the rampage clean out in the first pass
please advise.

Thanks
Mohan
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: CN 5.71 RAMP IN area not being cleaned out

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Please send us your TWD file and your machine export to program@thermwood.com so we can test and verify the issue. Please make sure to add your contact information in the email.
mohan kommineni

hello all
i have emailed the required files twice infact to two different persons and dont see any response so far is it a bug or technicians are too busy to analyse the issue

Thanks
Mohan
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Hi Mohan, I'm not sure what exactly you are cutting, but we run solid MDF base board, 3mm sacrificial sheets and we are getting next to no movement at all even when cutting a sheet full of 120mm x 120mm blocks. 10mm cutter @18000 rpm 20-22mtrs per min feed speed. We were using LDF for our baseboard before and got lots of movement. Also is your suction great enough?
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Mohan,
I did test this the first time you sent me the file and I was not able to reproduce the issue as I stated in the email. Who did you send the files to the second time? If you have this happen again, send the CNC file along with the export to program@thermwood.com and someone will look into it but if we cannot reproduce it, we cannot fix it.
mohan kommineni

Daniel Vonderheide wrote:Mohan,
I did test this the first time you sent me the file and I was not able to reproduce the issue as I stated in the email. Who did you send the files to the second time? If you have this happen again, send the CNC file along with the export to program@thermwood.com and someone will look into it but if we cannot reproduce it, we cannot fix it.
Hello Daniel
the second person was JDHarger@thermwood.com anyway iam not sure whats happening but as advised i have sent (once again)all the necessary files and info to program@thermwood.com

please advise as its not on one job its happening on all the jobs(every thing that is nested)

Thanks
Mohan
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

I was able to reproduce the issue now that I have seen the code you produced. When we tested the issue here, we were testing on version 7 and higher THM software. After seeing your code, I wrote the code for version 6 THM software and was able to reproduce the error. I have informed our software engineers of the issue and am expecting a response back from them.
mohan kommineni

Daniel Vonderheide wrote:I was able to reproduce the issue now that I have seen the code you produced. When we tested the issue here, we were testing on version 7 and higher THM software. After seeing your code, I wrote the code for version 6 THM software and was able to reproduce the error. I have informed our software engineers of the issue and am expecting a response back from them.
Hello Daniel

iam glad to hear that you are able to reproduce the issue but the version you are talking about dosent seems to match with ours.
we are having current version as THM 7.x.x.x
also please find the attached screenshot and the text file of the machine (just thought it could be handy for digging up the info)
Thanks
Mohan
Attachments
untitled.JPG
SystemSummary.txt
(5.05 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Thank you for the additional information Mohan. We have found that this issue is occurring on systems with THM versions older than 7.6.0.0. It will be resolved in the next update.