EMER STOP

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

EMER STOP

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good Morning
The machine is starting to do this more often everyday now, well its now to a stage where its doing it every time. When I ran a program, and the tool in the program is the same that is in the router head the following happen. You hear a "clack" sound at the router head, it goes into "EMER STOP" and the program code always stuck on the following macro and program code block:
Macro: MACM241.thm
Block: IF[VAL(FROMPLCMESS3$) = 1234567] THEN G04F.4 (no change-slow macro down)
I have to nc reset, block step- to home the machine, then load another program that have a different tool, then block stop that program after it picked up the other tool, go to end of program(before theG990) line, run it from again, so It goes back,with that tool , then ran my original program again .
Any help?
Thank in advance
Marius
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: EMER STOP

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Make sure that you do not have a M241 in the program you are running. This is a macro that the controller adds into the program during a tool change and then removes after the change is done. If you Estop the machine during a tool change, the controller does not remove it from the program and it will stop everytime inside the macro like you described.
Marius Gouws

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good morning Daniel
I have nest and write the code of a job with CN. I have cut the hole job....start scaning the flip-ops (tool no 3 is my dado cutter for the flip-ops) first scan...Tool 2 is in the head push start change to tool 3 and did the flip cutting, no problem, so now tool 3 is in the head... scan flip-op....push start..."clack" EMER STOP...stuck in MACH241.thm on the line of code in my first message. Never have push "E-Stop" the hole day. You can restart the computer and will do the same, with out ever push "E-Stop"
Thanks in advance
Marius
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Email me the cnc code to program@thermwood.com so I can take a look at it please.
Marius Gouws

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good afternoon
Daniel, I have send you the .cnc files. Just another thing that is also start to happen, with this other problem. When there is a tool change some times, just after picking up the tool, when the z axis goes up and the router start to spin ...then the same thing happen, "clack" and the machine goes into E_STOP.
Macro: MACM241.thm
Block line: "G79 G0 Z0 (Raise Z up to zero)
Thkx
Marius
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

I had the same problem last year. Try to clean the retention knob on the tool holder or change to a different tool holder.
Joe
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

After talking to Marius, it turned out that his draw bar sensors needed adjustment.