Model 50

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

casey marionneaux
Company Name: TCM Lumber

Model 50

Post by casey marionneaux »

Hi, I have a model 50 that has been upgraded to 91000 control and siemens drives and motors. I am new to this machine and following the instructions on manually moving individual axis or homing, I keep getting following errors. When the machine is reset I can hear the servos holding position but I can actually move them by hand with little to no resistance. My experience with servos tells me this is not right. It's like there is no torque. Every axis does this in the machine. The machine ran some last year during setup but that was the furthest the install guy got. We are trying to get this thing up and running soon and I cannot figure out if this issue is something with the drives or power supply or something that I need to change in the software. I am not familiar with the software but poking around, I really do t see anything helpful. Any suggestions?
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: Model 50

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Casey,

If you have not done so already - you should contact Thermwood's Technical Support department. They will have all the records as to service that they have provided, as well as the settings and other documentation on the retro that was done.

Thermwood Technical Support-

Email: service@thermwood.com
Phone: 1-800-221-3856

They should be able to help you.
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation