Excel Panel List

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

FredHirsch

Excel Panel List

Post by FredHirsch »

Anyone out there willing to share their excel panel list import file? I'm having a hard time getting this to run. Keep getting "file is not in expected format" errors.
thanks,
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Excel Panel List

Post by Scott Marshburn »

You need to save the file as a Excel 97-2003 workbook. You can select this when you select save as then in the drop down menu select Excel 97-3003 Workbook.
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Scott, Thanks for the quick reply. I'm working in Open Office and I don't have that option. Do you have a sample file I can make sure my formatting is correct?
thanks,
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

I am not familiar with Oppen Office but the layout of the spread sheet should be the same as that is shown in the help menu at the machine for importing excel files. If open Office does not have the ability to save the doc. As an excel file I do not think it will import to the machine. although I could be mistaking.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Hi Fred I did some research on converting open office to an excel format see this link
There is one other thing you could try. Click on save as and in the file name type for example "myFileName.xls" use The " around the file name. I don't know if this will work in open office or not but I do Know it will work in other programs such as Note Pad.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5112167_convert ... excel.html
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Upon further investigation I think that all you have to do is. Click on save as and then select The Excel 97/2000/XP(.xls) from the drop down menu.
From what I under stand OppenOffice will not save as current excel versions like .xlxs. But if you are sending the file to the machine it has to be a .xls file anyhow
Also I have found from my experience that there cannot be any formulas in the file either. I have tried and I get a numeric overload error when doing so

See attached screen shot of the format that we use
Attachments
ExcelSpreadSheetFormatForControlNesting.png
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Scott,
Thanks for all your help. I'm still struggling to get the machine to take the file. I'll get it... Thanks for your help.
Fred
Fred Hirsch