Tool Not Found

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Troy Hollinshead
Company Name: Leidys Custom Woodworking

Tool Not Found

Post by Troy Hollinshead »

Im very new to ecabinets and our Model 43. The cabinet cuts fine, except if I change my material thickness for my deck. At the controller I get a error about not finding a appropriate tool. Am I supposed to create a new material with the exact thickness before I start at job, or every time we get new material? I have a job with Open laminated interiors already done in ecabs and was going to adjust the thickness for glue and plam and such when outputed and now im running into this. I've attached one that errors if I change the thickness of my deck during output. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
OB3032.25 Laminated Inside.hsf
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 372 times
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Tool Not Found

Post by Daniel Odom »

You need a bigger diameter tool for doing the now increased dado cuts, try setting up a .5 inch tool for rout/dado. To figure out what tool you need divide the final width of the dado operation by 2, if your tool is less than this number you will get an error for dados.
Troy Hollinshead
Company Name: Leidys Custom Woodworking

Re: Tool Not Found

Post by Troy Hollinshead »

Daniel it worked great! I had my .5 bit unchecked so it couldnt route/dado because it is a upsheer and I didnt want it cutting melamine. Put in a .5 down sheer and checked route/dado and away I went.
I'm amazed that it couldnt use my .375 down sheer bit to cut a blind dado set at 50% material thickness on .76 material.

THANKS A MILLION