G70, running imperial file on metric machine

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

G70, running imperial file on metric machine

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

My machine is set up factory in metric. I'm loading DXF files that are in imperial measurements. In CN prefs, I change the machine mode to imperial (inches and decimals) and the files nest fine. I write the code, and it writes fine, even has a G70 automatically in the header. Yet, the machine won't run, it encounters an "out of bounds" error right off the bat in the X dimension, which is 46". Even if it were 46mm, that still shouldn't cause an out of bounds error. Anyone have any experience running the machine under a G70 code? My impression is that it is just supposed to work. It doesn't. I've run out of ideas.

Any suggestions? Got a job sitting here waiting for me to get this resolved. :?
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Re: G70, running imperial file on metric machine

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Of course, immediately after I decide to post here about it, I figure it out. I couldn't find it documented in the manuals or anywhere, so, for future reference, here it is:

You must change the XSHIFT and YSHIFT values manually to imperial. For some reason they don't get automatically translated like all the other measurements do. So, XSHIFT=2438 must be XSHIFT=96, etc. A Find & Replace will do nicely...

I'm guessing the reciprocal is true in an imperial-to-metric situation.

Now back to work!
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12