Weird problem w/ control updates and outline method

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Weird problem w/ control updates and outline method

Post by Daniel Odom »

Just wondering if this is a glitch or just how outlines are handled in the latest control nesting version; but it seems that from control nesting 5.79 and on-wards I'm having issues with cutting through outlines without the code leaving a thick onion skin that is cut as a separate set of operations. I've fiddled with every setting and nothing seems to work around this (climb, conventional, climb w/ finish, conventional w/ finish); no matter what option I use it still outputs a separate last pass and wastes a lot of time with unnecessary rapid moves to make all the finish passes. The parts still come out right after all of that is done but for now I'm stuck on using 5.78 b/c this problem is just too irritating. I tried messing with the double pass settings, ignore groups, etc but it still does the same thing until I un-install the update and revert back to 5.78.

In summary, I can't disable final pass onion skinning method with latest updates, machine does all of these passes separately.

Is there a work-around or something I'm missing?

Running a CS45, windows xp, thm v7
Marcel Thibodeau
Company Name: Northwest Kitchen Centre

Re: Weird problem w/ control updates and outline method

Post by Marcel Thibodeau »

isn't there an option to change the part size required for the second pass? what if you changed that to zero. just a thought