Ideas for future CN features

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Ideas for future CN features

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

I dunno if this is already on the "wish list" for CN or not, but it would save quite a bit of time if we had the ability to re-nest individual materials. For instance, a job may have 3 or 4 different materials. We get everything loaded and nested, and...look! We found a piece of off-fall. In order to add it, the entire job has to be nested again. If we could add a sheet and re-nest only the material that was added, that would save tons of time.

Also, if you could specify an X or Y nest depending on material, that would be awesome too. For example, if a job has melamine and plywood, the melamine parts may nest better in X, and the plywood may nest better in Y. If you could specify a nest direction for each material before performing the nest, that would be a material-saving addition! :mrgreen:
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
David Giesbrecht
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Re: Ideas for future CN features

Post by David Giesbrecht »

Another idea is a check box for profile modelling before everything else. While your at it maybe 5 or 6 mdf door tool passes per pcs to save going into profile modeller.

Cheers
David Giesbrecht
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-7700CPU OC@ 4.8 GHz
8.00 GB DDR5 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Z270x-Gaming 5 MOBO
1TB Samsung 960PRO SSD