fixed table stops

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Gerry A Brown
Company Name: Old Style Woodwork

fixed table stops

Post by Gerry A Brown »

Hello everyone,

We have a 2007 CS45 that we bought used. When we got it it had fixed stops mounted to the table for flip ops. The technician removed these stops when he set up the machine and I would like to reinstall them. Could some one point me at some instructions to reinstall these stops? I am thinking I would cut a piece on the router then shim to a given dimension off the cut piece? I am not confident the G901 setting is correct and would like to find a procedure for checking this setting also.

Thanks,

Gerry
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Re: fixed table stops

Post by Will Williamson »

Gerry
refer to the post about 10 down
flip ops not lining up
It is mostly about determining your G902 location
but the information applies to your G901 location as well
Do you know how to access your M999 macro?
That is where the G901 and G902 fixture offsets are set
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Gerry A Brown

Post by Gerry A Brown »

table stops.jpg
Hi Will,

It was that post that got me thinking about these stops. I have included a pic of the machine that shows the fixed stops. They were mounted with shims behind them against the table to align them to the cutting path of the router. I have been using a fixed fence like the one you have but just holding it against the pop up pins. I have been using a G52I location for this fence. I thought I could devise a method of holding the fence to the fixed stops and that would give me a repeatable location without needing to use the dowels.

I looked through the manuals I have and could not find any information for locating the fixed stops. I have a pretty good idea of how to get there but like to gather all the information I can as I have found it saves heaps of time :roll:

I do know where the m999 macro is and if I can manage a good repeatable setup I will alter the G902 to reflect this.

Thanks,
Gerry
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Are you talking about those fixed blocks on the side of your table? Thermwood has the original setting for this machine as it was delivered. Call programming tech support ask for Daniel
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Gerry A Brown

Post by Gerry A Brown »

Hi Will,

Yes those are the stops I am referring to. I have been considering mounting a piece of wood to the stops to raise them as I use 1/2" MDF for my waste board and they are a little short when the sheet is new. This would allow me to mill them to a given dimension off the g901 location and also I would not need to shim them to align them with the cutting path. I will give Thermwood a call.

Thanks,

Gerry
Gerry A Brown

Post by Gerry A Brown »

Just wanted to update this. I mounted the stops off the cut path of the router by routing a 4 X 8 sheet off the g901 position left the vacuum running then mounted the stops, measured to the cut sheet and then shimmed to make all the stops an equal distance. I then cut my square off these stops and as Will suggested drilled the intersection of the cut to give a clearance and recorded this center point as my fixture location.

Thanks Will for giving me another forehead slapping moment with the drill center idea :beer:

Gerry