Profile Modeler

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Profile Modeler

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Is it possible to associate a specific tool group from the Profile Modeler to a cabinet. For example I have fluted columns that I want to add to Quick Cut but they need to associate a specific tool group from the Profile Modeler when that cabinet is loaded. I don't want the operator to have to set this up. The same goes for arched valances. They need to pick a different tool group when loaded to raise the panels.

I noticed that Thermwood had done this for Quick Cut modeling mdf doors. A different door loads a different tool group in Profile Modeler.

Kerry
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Profile Modeler

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Hi Kerry,
I thought the tool group was only triggered by specific materials. I'm almost hoping that I'm wrong though - it would be cool to learn another way to do it :)
JNR
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Profile Modeler

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Josh,

In control nesting the material does control the tool group but you have to select a tool group in the Part Editor for profiles. I am doing some work for another shop here that Thermwood set up some MDF doors in Quick Cut. It looks like when you select a particular door in Quick Cut it selects the appropriate too group for that door. I was wanting to know how to do that.