control upgrade

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Re: control upgrade

Post by Will Williamson »

Looks like I have the same issue, latest control nesting will not execute from D/ data. But it did from the usb drive.
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

For those using a machine with Windows XP, we are beginning now to create two separate releases. One for those with XP, and one for those without. David has tried the XP version on his machine with success, but I would like feedback from others if they experience an issue with the install not working properly. Below is a screenshot for the location of the alternate install.

If you have an issue with the install, we will need a log file of the installation from you to aid in diagnosing the issue. If you are uncertain of how to create a log file, instructions can be found via Google, or email us here at Thermwood and we can assist you.

-Clint-
Attachments
Control Nesting.JPG
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Post by David Egnoski »

Thanks to all for the input and especially to Thermwood folks for working hard to fix the install problem.

It looks like I'll be using the desktop version of CN. Seems to make the most sense right now.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
Mike Murray
Company Name: VCSS

Post by Mike Murray »

I just upgraded to the new qcore and the heavier pins. Fly cutting is now so simple, with automatic tool reset values, and as a bonus, it eliminated a step in running CV files for us. We formally had a wasteboard thicknoess in our post that had to be updated for every file, that is now removed from the post and is picked up automatically by the machine.
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Info on the QCore says it's "Configured to perform 5 axis simultaneous motions". What does this mean? Does this make our CS40 into a true 3-axis machine? All three axis' can move at the same time?

Can you manually set a wasteboard thickness?
also, where can I find info on the "heavier pins"?
Guess I should look at the website.

Dave
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Dave, my 2002 C40 does that now. If your not doing a lot of contour machining you won't see it. If you spiral into a cut you can see it moving all 3 axis at once.

Forrest