nesting off fall and added sheets automatically?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

john jurkowski
Company Name: mcmanus development

nesting off fall and added sheets automatically?

Post by john jurkowski »

i cant seem to find any information on this, so it may not be possible, but in case i have overlooked something, does anyone know if there is a setting that will allow you to automatically bring in off falls or saved added sheets, when you nest a job, aside from adding them to the added sheets option in control nesting? thanks in advance!
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: nesting off fall and added sheets automatically?

Post by Brad McIntosh »

John,

I do not believe so.

As I understand it... It is assumed that all of the OFF-FALLS recorded by Control Nesting may not necessarily be available. This situation of an "AWAL OFF-FALL" is possible because some other area of the shop may have taken the OFF-FALL and used it in a manual process without removing it from the "OFF-FALL Database". This is why there is a requirement to actually scan the OFF-FALL label (or enter the OFF-FALL id) prior to nesting - as this is currently the only confirmation that the OFF-FALL is actually available to use.

Also - Control Nesting never actually removes OFF-FALLS from the "OFF-FALL Database", even when scanned and "used" in an optimization process. Just because one or more OFF-FALLS are scanned, nested on and the CNC code written, there is currently no defacto confirmation that the OFF-FALL(s) has/have actually been "consumed". (ie no proof that the CNC program was actually run.) Therefore, there is no way to automatically remove the entries from the "OFF-FALL Database" with confidence - and so they remain until some manual cleanup is performed.)
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
john jurkowski
Company Name: mcmanus development

Re: nesting off fall and added sheets automatically?

Post by john jurkowski »

Thank you brad, knowing that it doesnt delete what you have already used from the database after entering and using an off fall, i figured there was no way to do what i was searching for, but my boss was so certain that you could do it, he needed someone else to prove that it isnt possible, haha. thank you. i will continue with the way i (and everyone else for that matter) have been working.