Thermwood Cut Center MDF Doors w/Profile Tooling Thermwood Corporation Thermwood Corporation

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Thermwood Cut Center MDF Doors w/Profile Tooling Thermwood Corporation Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Has anyone seen this? https://youtu.be/QpD2rdiF7JsI was wondering if this feature will be available for all thermwood owners
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Re: Thermwood Cut Center MDF Doors w/Profile Tooling Thermwood Corporation Thermwood Corporation

Post by Neville Bastian »

I am suprised no one has chimed in. Must be the US Clinton Trump action concerning people? This is a great add on to Thermwood standard features. May be not so big in the US but Australia we hardly do any timber doors now only paint and vinyl wrap and gloss melamine is big in the upper price bracket kitchens.
Hopefully this feature wont be restricted to the cut centre. Some of the things the programmers have spent their time doing like dovetail joints, puzzle joints on frames and 5 piece timber doors have been specficic for the US market. Please think about your overseas clients Thermwood. Give us a few unique to us features. Your dealers will soon tell you what will excite us over the German and Italian CNC offerings.

Neville
Neville Australia
Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Re: Thermwood Cut Center MDF Doors w/Profile Tooling Thermwood Corporation Thermwood Corporation

Post by Stuart Douglas »

My cs43 does this now, I thought. I made mdf doors just the other day using profile modeler in CN. Is the corner cleanup improved, is that the "new" feature?
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

The reason for my excitement is the speed in which it cuts the door. When we use the profiler program for the door design shown its about a hour. When our kitchens have about 25 doors made up drawer fronts, applied panels and island backs ,thats a long time to take it out of cutting carcass and other work.
The other issue is drilling handle holes and hinge holes with our current generic door mdf setup is a manual process prone to human error.
I have a friend who uses another kitchen design program and they have a door program built in. This is then sent to the postprocessor. They support Thermwood but when Ecabinets is free I am in no position to complain. Well maybe a little. :wink:
Neville
Neville Australia
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Based on these comments on the video. It looks like this feature is cut center specific.
“Is the software your using panel matrix? Or is it software that is coming on the cut ready machine?”Thermwood Corporation6 days ago
“Hi - the doors are coming directly from the Cut Center. You just pick out the door(s) you want and their options and size(s), and it makes it.”