Breakaway head sensor?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Breakaway head sensor?

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

On occasion, on our CS41, when taking it out of e-stop, it will go right back into e-stop. The PLC screen says "check sensitivity of breakaway head sensor". This is not mentioned in the manual, or anywhere else I can find. So, what is it, where is it, and what's the procedure to check/adjust it?
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Breakaway head sensor?

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Sometimes the plug on the front of the motor can get loose and cause it to do that. There is a little screw that holds it in place but doesn't necessarily keep it tight or from getting dust in it too.

Forrest
Carl Jones
Thermwood Team

Post by Carl Jones »

Hi Jeremy, It is probably the contacts on the estop button. It is probably losing 24V when trying to enable. I would replace the normally closed contact on there. It is the Contact that has the blue wires. Our part # is LB00757. Mfg#IDEC HW-C01 CONTACT BLOCK 1NC RED (CE). Thanks!
Thermwood Technician
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

The e-stop button was my first suspicion. If it had a wonky connection, I'd expect that engaging and disengaging it would normally (temporarily) fix it, but it never seems to.

Forrest, I'm not sure what plug you're referring to, I don't see one with a screw on it.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Carl Jones
Thermwood Team

Post by Carl Jones »

I think he is referring to the main wiring connector on the front of the router spindle. There is a small screw that holds the plug in there. The Estop contacts can be very intermittent
Thermwood Technician