cs43 red line cuts scrap in half

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Bryan Sullivan
Company Name: Rylex Closet Systems

cs43 red line cuts scrap in half

Post by Bryan Sullivan »

Hi, I'd first like to thank Thermwood for the manual part placement feature in the new control nesting. It works great and has already proved useful. One problem I have been having on about 1 in 20 files is a red line appearing across the scrap in the nest. After all operations are complete for a sheet, the scrap is cut along this line. It always runs along the y axis at the middle of the sheet. I have not changed any off fall settings job to job, and don't see a pattern. Has anyone else seen this?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: cs43 red line cuts scrap in half

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Bryan Sullivan wrote:Hi, I'd first like to thank Thermwood for the manual part placement feature in the new control nesting. It works great and has already proved useful. One problem I have been having on about 1 in 20 files is a red line appearing across the scrap in the nest. After all operations are complete for a sheet, the scrap is cut along this line. It always runs along the y axis at the middle of the sheet. I have not changed any off fall settings job to job, and don't see a pattern. Has anyone else seen this?
In Settings, Nesting Parameters, what are your settings for Max. Width and Length for Scrap?

Does it do this red line when you are manually nesting or regular nesting? If it is regular nesting, go to File and Export. Save the export and send it in to us so we can take a look at everything. It would be best if we have a screenshot where you are seeing the line so we know which sheet to look on.

If its when you are doing manual nest, we will need screenshots to recreate your manual nest so we can replicate the issue.

The files themselves can be sent to program@thermwood.com. Usually the hardest part is getting it to reproduce, and being able to take the time to narrow it down.

-Clint-
Bryan Sullivan
Company Name: Rylex Closet Systems

Post by Bryan Sullivan »

Thanks for your help Clint! I'm embarrassed by how obvious it was. As Clint said, the max off fall was set to 100" and we were running 109" stock.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Bryan Sullivan wrote:Thanks for your help Clint! I'm embarrassed by how obvious it was. As Clint said, the max off fall was set to 100" and we were running 109" stock.
Good deal glad it was an easy fix. If this were your most embarrassing moment with the machine, I'd say you're doing alright :lol: .

-Clint-