Manual Nesting issues, etc...

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Manual Nesting issues, etc...

Post by Tommy Wieler »

Greetings all!
I'm not sure when this issue first started, since I skipped several versions of Control Nesting. I installed v6.07 a few days ago. This morning I tried several times to manually move parts around in the nest, but when I pressed Alt+F11 to apply the nest, the program quit responding. After several tries, I installed v 6.04, and it worked like a charm.

Also, while I'm here, I may as well bring this up. I noticed that now there is a dropdown menu in the Options>Nesting Parameters dialog to select the Material Group. Would it be possible to have this default to the current material group the way it used to do? Or at least incorporate an option to be able to set it to default to the current material? We use an extensive number of material groups, and it's not always possible to remember which group a certain material is in. The way it used to work, when I accessed Nesting Parameters directly from the Options menu, it automatically loaded the parameters for the material I was using. Wondering if it would be possible to bring that back?
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Re: Manual Nesting issues, etc...

Post by Joe Soto »

Same problem here, mine stalls when I click the calculate off-fall button. Even if I don't move anything in the nest.
Thomas strembitsky
Guru Member
Company Name: true form cabinets

Post by Thomas strembitsky »

same here I rolled back to version 6.06 which is stable
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 @ 2.70GHz 8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
http://www.trueform.ca
CS43 cnc
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tommy,

Can you post an export from Control Nesting? Also is this on Desktop Version, or at the machine? Mine seems to be recalculating without issue so I want to see what settings you have set, job size, etc.

I'll put your request in with the software engineers regarding the groups and Nesting Parameters.

-Clint-
Thomas strembitsky
Guru Member

if you have a part with a profiled edge and have a custom tool checked off in your mdf door tool options and then nest a job with a profiled edge and move a part and try and recalculate the off fall it stalls then hard crashes with out the crash reporter popping up.

attached a control nesting export as well

https://www.screencast.com/t/Mh850LnzNy
Attachments
control nesting export.zip
(135.84 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
CS43 cnc
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

If you give it some time sitting there does it calculate off fall then? Mine took just a touch over 30 seconds to do it (on desktop version), but off fall did calculate. If you click a few times while its thinking, the software will crash regardless.

Regardless it appears as though something is off and I'll pass it along to the software engineers. Let me know though if yours does calculate after a while.

-Clint-
Thomas strembitsky
Guru Member

I took 52 seconds to finished "calculating" but when I used version 6.06 it happened in a blink of an eye. so something is off
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
CS43 cnc
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Thomas strembitsky wrote:I took 52 seconds to finished "calculating" but when I used version 6.06 it happened in a blink of an eye. so something is off
I agree, just wanted to make sure if it wasn't able to calculate at all. Little details can make big differences. I'll get it listed for the software engineers to look at.

-Clint-
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

This one should be corrected with the version of Control Nesting released today. Available here http://www.thermwood.com/updates_contro ... g_home.htm.

-Clint-