Program Timer Idea

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Program Timer Idea

Post by Tommy Wieler »

Greetings all!
I had an idea on how the program timer could be developed further... I would love to be able to request an estimated run time for a particular sheet in a job. Right now it's giving me the total run time for the entire job. Often, when we're running complex modelled doors, we do those overnight. It would be great if we could see how long each individual sheet will take, so the person that's keeping the machine running at night can see exactly how long the sheet will run so he can set an alarm for himself to wake up and load the next sheet! :)
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Program Timer Idea

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tommy,

I assume you are currently using the Program Time Estimator to get the expected run time. Provided you are able to use that, and are on Control Nesting version 6.12 or higher, in Print Settings, at the bottom check the box for CNC Nest Report. That will give you the information your are looking for and more. Depending on the job size it may take some time to create the report. Once its been created, it can be printed, saved, etc. Once you close the dialog the CNC code will be written. You can get back to the report by going into Control Nesting, go to Print Settings, and clicking the View button. That will load the last generated report.

And from the normal words of safety, highly recommend not running the machine "lights out". Fires, injuries, etc. Do so at your own risk.

-Clint-
Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Post by Tommy Wieler »

That's fantastic, thanks Clint! Is there any way to change the feed rate that is used to calculate the sheet times in this report?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tommy,

There is not, it is always calculated at 100%.

-Clint-