pasted parts in CN

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

pasted parts in CN

Post by Stuart Douglas »

If I load a nest of parts, and nest on some off-fall, often the last part or two will land on its own sheet because of a strange nest. No problem, i can manually cut that piece from the final sheet and nest it manually on one of the previous sheets. Problem is when I paste it, it often ends up off the sheet where I cant see it. it is also "missing" from the last sheet bc i "cut" it. Then the program, when running, pops the boundary warning, bc it's looking to cut that part. I'm using cn 6.14 (had to roll back to avoid profile modeler errors).

I'm able to fudge through the g-code to the next part, and cut the missing part in a subsequent nest, but I think this is a bug that needs addressing.
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: pasted parts in CN

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Stuart,

I'll pass along your issues to the software engineers.

To hopefully help in the mean time, you can control the view within Control Nesting in a similar fashion to eCabinets. Once you paste, you can press the home key and it will bring everything into view ( or at least close to, I'm getting some mixed results the software engineers will have to look at). Shift and right mouse button pans you view, shift and both mouse buttons zoom in and out. Control and left mouse button allow you to draw a pick box to zoom into a specific area. Plus and minus buttons your keyboard will zoom in and out, shift and arrow keys will pan the view.

-Clint-
Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Re: pasted parts in CN

Post by Stuart Douglas »

Clint,

Good to know, I guess I've been well enough off to never have to do anything but resize that window in CN. It seems strange to me that a pasted part wouldn't index to a corner of the work or a corner of the machine. Or even the center. I often don't realize the paste action has completed until I try to repeat it when the part in question doesn't show on the sheet view and the dialog says the clipboard has already been emptied.
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS