Feature Request

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Feature Request

Post by Tommy Wieler »

We already have the ability to rotate offal sheets. Am wondering if it would be possible to also add the ability to flip/mirror offal sheets in the Add Sheets window? Sometimes we need to flip a sheet over, which renders the saved offal of that sheet useless, and we need to enter it manually.
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Re: Feature Request

Post by Joe Soto »

I agree! But also add the ability to use a substitute material. We cut a couple of different MDF door profiles that are set up as different materials to force the correct tool groups and settings. I can not nest them together but it would be beneficial if I could use the off-fall between them.
I have a workaround to do this but it's several steps and sometimes doesn't work.
Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Post by Tommy Wieler »

Excellent point, Joe! I'm in exactly the same shoes.
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

The ability to flip an off-fall over would be really nice. They're almost always warped in the wrong direction.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tommy Wieler wrote:We already have the ability to rotate offal sheets. Am wondering if it would be possible to also add the ability to flip/mirror offal sheets in the Add Sheets window? Sometimes we need to flip a sheet over, which renders the saved offal of that sheet useless, and we need to enter it manually.
I'll pass along your request to the software engineers.
Joe Soto wrote:I agree! But also add the ability to use a substitute material. We cut a couple of different MDF door profiles that are set up as different materials to force the correct tool groups and settings. I can not nest them together but it would be beneficial if I could use the off-fall between them.
I have a workaround to do this but it's several steps and sometimes doesn't work.
I'll pass along your request as well.

-Clint-