Flip op's call # doesn't exist

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Flip op's call # doesn't exist

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Hello again,

Just have an issue with flip op # being different than than the call #.

Example(Call # M82L56) (actual parts # M80L56)

So obviously it won't call it up. Any ideas.

Thanks
Forrest
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Forrest,

You need to talk to Ryan Hochgesang about this. This will be an msu change for a setting. He can get this fixed.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Thanks Jason,

Also has the label location changed with 4.89 because my labels are not lining up with the flip op's.

Thanks
Forrest
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Forrest,

Are you saying that the labels do not match the piece that they are on?

thanks,
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Jason,

The labels match the parts fine but the flips don't line up as if I put the label in the wrong place. For instance a part that had shelf holes on both side (and should have drilled thru by the way) when flipped the holes don't line up. It drills as if the part where turned 180 degrees. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Forrest
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Forrest,

I have not heard of this before. Has this happened on most jobs or just this one? Is this a big job? If you can send me the job or the cabinet that this does it on, I can test it here as soon as I have a machine available. Also tell me what part you flipped that was wrong.

thanks,
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Jason,

To be honest I'm not used to using labels and this is the first job in a long time to have them. When facing the router from the control side I'm placing them in the top right hand corner. This is a large job with only about 10 flips and some are working out. I'm going to run the other flips empty and check them before I cut the part. I'll give an update in an hour or so and maybe narrow down the problem.

Thanks
Forrest
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Forrest,

The labels go in the lower left hand corner. The flip should then have the label on the lower right hand corner(and on the bottom of the board)Hope this helps.
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Forrest,

When I try to drill shelf holes through to avoid flips, my partitions with 2 shelves(5 holes ea.) only drill for one shelf. The ends are drilled O.K.. This used to cause really odd stuff but was fixed with V4.1. Have you had this problem?

Brian
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Hello again,

Thanks Brian, I kinduv figured that out. What I had done is referenced from the wrong side of the table. We run other programs that operate from the opposite side and I knew that the labels where supposed to go in the bottom left but when I walk to the other side I figured putting them in the same place which would be top right. So it was just a big goof on my part. Jason my apologies for making you think so hard that early in the morning. Once again Thermwood shines thru. I know that rolling nest and ecabs have glitches and do things that some people don't like but it is very refreshing on my end to run ecab programs and have the capabilities to make changes at the machine. The alternative is very frustrating and demanding on one person. The other issue with the phantom code dissapeared to where it came from when I booted up this morning. Thanks again for your attention.

Forrest
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Forrest,

No Problem. I didn't even think about the fence location and was thinking only of possible bugs.