Flip Operations

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Arthur Ledet

Flip Operations

Post by Arthur Ledet »

Need a little help here..... I was trying to find the place to put my pieces when i flip them but when i went to go test this theory my router plunged into my wasteboard totally ignoring my wasteboard settings. So i guess i am asking to things 1)How do i find out where to put my part when i flip it and 2) why is my router plunging into the wasteboard. Thanks in advance for any help.

Arthur
Cabinets and Countertops of Louisiana
(504)464-7039
Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

when doing flip opps, you must place the label generated for the flip in the lower left hand corner of the part standing at the machine with the home position to your right. when you run the flip you need to make the label go to the right side faceing down. you can change the fixture location where flip opps are to be placed by changing your g901-904 to the corrosponding position that you prefer, then in rolling nest you can choose this location. i think the reason your cutting into your waste board is that flip opps are set by default to not use a waste board. only sheet operations. to clairify' you should not be cutting into your spoil board. if you must use your waste board for flip opps you will need to change your zshift for every part that you run.
Arthur Ledet

Post by Arthur Ledet »

Thank you Jeff i also talked to Ryan at Thermwood concerning this and between both of yall i got it!!!! Thanks for the help.

Arthur
Cabinets and Countertops of Louisiana
(504)464-7039