Cabinet numbers on labels are wrong please help

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

John Lawrence

Cabinet numbers on labels are wrong please help

Post by John Lawrence »

I want to print out the labels for a job i open the labels in the window to export to exel but it comes out with the wrong cabinet numbers on each label i am racking my brain to try and fix it but am getting no-where I have tried nesting other jobs and the same thing happens with the labels, i really need to get it sorted

Please help
Attachments
Kitchen.esj
Job file i need labels for
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 414 times
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

John,

Are you printing from the pc or from the machine?

thanks,
John Lawrence

Labels

Post by John Lawrence »

I am printing from the pc but I had downloaded the fix for the labels from Ecabworld and found that it caused the e cabinet numbers to be wrong. Not long after I posted the question I searched the forum and found the other fix which works fine. The label fix on ecabworld should be removed or replaced with the correct one as it caused a loss of many hours for me and could do the same for other members trying to print labels for the first time.
Thanks for your concern.

Regards
John
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

John

I'm curious--did you apply the label fix to eCabinets or to the machine control software? It is only for eCabinets version 4 and this is pointed out on the download page.
John Lawrence

Post by John Lawrence »

Dan,
I used it in ecabinets and i am running v4 with the latest build. I found in some earlier threads that others have had the same problem with the cabinet numbers after downloading the label fix off ecabworld and on one thread there was a new fix i ran it and all was back to normal.
Iwish i could be so lucky or wealthy as to own a machine but maybe down the track a bit.

regards

John
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

John

I'm sorry for your troubles. What fix are you referring to? Can you post a link to the thread?

The label update program on eCabWorld is the one supplied by Thermwood and is what I and many others used to make labels print correctly. You are the first person I have heard of having problems with it. The only other thread I know of that referred to problems with the label update had applied it to the control nesting program and not to eCabinet Systems.

This is why I would like to see what threads and fix you are referring to. If the label update download needs to be changed I will be glad to do so.
John Lawrence

Post by John Lawrence »

Dan, here is the thread which i used the fix at the very bottom to make it work right.
http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... ght=labels
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

John

Once again, I'm sorry you had problems with the downloaded file.

I had changed the file when the corrected version was released but a later restore of my database reverted back to the original version.

It has been changed back to the correct version again.

Thanks for your patience and helping me to determine what had happened.