Jerk factor (serious question)

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Eric Montbriand

Jerk factor (serious question)

Post by Eric Montbriand »

I discovered this by accident on our machine. We have a 91000 control, i pressed F4 [edit] but accidently hit F5 right after which has a blank spot. What exactly does the jerk factor mean?What changes when the value is increased? Thank you.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Eric,

The \"JERK\" button is not active in the THM software at this time. The button was installed when the THM software was created, with intentions of it possibly being used in the future.
Eric Montbriand

OK, could you elaborate more on it's potential function and purpose? I previously increased the value (before this topic) in small increments just to see what it would do . It actually looked as if was improving the quality.

Thank you.
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Eric,

The Jerk Factor is a function that is disabled and not working. We should have turned this off.

thanks,
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

It is the button you press to increase the price for those customers that are jerks, but we need to move it over into eCabinets :lol: .
Eric Montbriand

Thank you for all the input so far. Although, my original question has still has not been answered. Maybe it's a thermwood secret :wink? I did jump the gun previously, it actually does nothing when changed. A further look into the detail of the carving revealed there was no change in quality.