is it possible to... ?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

is it possible to... ?

Post by Mark Hesketh »

got a few things i was hoping someone could tell me how to do if they are possible:

1) after loading a bunch of jobs in Control Nesting, is it possible to ONLY nest certain material types, or leave out certain material types? we tend to cut all our veneer parts for a week all at once, then go back and cut all the melamine parts, just to limit the amount of time wasted moving material around, and to ensure that the veneer is cut while the bits are nice and sharp. But it a big pain to go through and check/uncheck all the parts to only get the ones i want.

2) is it possible to have Control Nesting nest all the parts from the opposite corner than it currently does at times? we have found that when cutting veneer, any parts along the edge of the table tend to be a little frayed along the edges. i think this is because the spacer sheet overhangs the spoil sheet by a small amount. is there an option to have CN look at the size of the material and relocate it's home-point accordingly? right now i have to add an \"off fall\" that is a full sheet to get this to happen.

3) is there a way to rotate an added off-fall AFTER it has been scanned in? it's annoying to have to go back and delete off-falls that needed to be rotated, and rescan them.

i know i had some more ideas, just can't hink of them right now. any help on these would be appreciated
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Mark,

1. No, but I will tell the programmers about this.

2. Does your veneer overhang your wasteboard (spacer sheet)? Does your veneer sit on top of the spacer sheet?

3. Once you add your offall in the add sheets area, yes you can then rotate the offall but as of now the software does not show the rotation on the screen.
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Mark,

Sorry but I was wrong about the rotation of the offall. You need to rotate the offall before scanning it in.
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

1) thanks

2) the veneer does overhang the spoilboard a bit, to put the corner at the (0,0) position. however, if we were to locate the spoilboard to extend to that point, it is no longer within the limits of the surfacing bit, it leaves triangles between each pass at the ends, which then interfere with the material sitting flat.

3) if this could be added to the wish list for a future update, that would be great. thanks again.