Edgebanding is FUBAR

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Edgebanding is FUBAR

Post by David Hall »

The customer sent in this file with edgebanding on it. Up until now I've stayed away from that feature because I've had nothing but problems machining edgebanded parts. Now I've got to make it work.

Attached is a job that when you change material thickness to .725\" on output to CNC the dados necessary to create the blind dado tennons are not showing in the CN Nest. There gone..., the part outline looks correct, but the tennons will be cut full thickness.

The nest looks OK if I output without a material thickness change. I can see the dados on the nest.

If I set-up a new material in eCabinets with the .725 thickness and use the \"change material\" in batch cabinets, it strips all the edgebanding off the cabinets, tosses out most of the drawer faces, and in general mucks the job Up Beyond All Repair. This file too seems to nest at the contoller OK, but I suspect all the the part sizes are wrong because the banding is gone from the job.

CN 5.05
EC v5b10

Any help greatly appreciated... the customer is waiting for his parts.

Regards,
Dave
Attachments
Mazzoli Bedroom Furniture.esj
(932.64 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Rob Frenette

Post by Rob Frenette »

Hey David

Thanks for the heads up on the edgebanding. Just ran a job with edge banding on all the parts and did not have any problems with machining but I didn't change the material thickness before creating the twd,lucky me. One thing is how much the edgebanding slows down my computer when creating a batch from seed cabinets, takes for ever. So I removed all the edgebanding from my seeds and all is good. Did you try changing the material thickness just before creating the twd instead of using the \"change material \"option in batch cabinets? Or does it not mater which area you change it in?
Rob Frenette

Calmark Cabinetry & Woodwork Ltd
Specializing in CNC Machining & Edgebanding
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

Rob,
Both methods create dumpster food.

Regards,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

It looks like re-generation of cabinets in the cabinet editor seems to fix this.

thanks,