Looking to outsource door panels

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Adam Mapel

Looking to outsource door panels

Post by Adam Mapel »

I need someone to machine some door panels. I have a CAD file of what these are too look like. Right now, it is just in the bidding phase. These doors were originally to be metal, but they were extremely expensive. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I am in ND. I am an eCab member, obviously, I'm here, but I don't know eCab well enough to even attempt to prgram these things so you would have to be able to do that. I tried to post an attachment, but can't attach .dxf or .dwg files.

I see my email isn't listed in my profile. It is woodworker4life@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Adam,
If you can Zip the DXF or DWG file it will allow you to post the attachment.
Adam Mapel

Post by Adam Mapel »

Paul,

I appreciate the help, but I have no idea how to do that. I am much better with wood then I am with computers. Thank God too, otherwise I might be in the unemployment line.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

In Windows Explorer, right-click on the file and choose \"Send to - compressed folder\" to create a zip file.
Adam Mapel

Post by Adam Mapel »

Thanks Dan. I kinda feel like an idiot. I don't what you mean by \"right click in Windows Explorer\" How do I get my CAD file into W.E. to right click on it in the first place.

To the people who are emailing me, thanks, I appreciate it. Although there seems to be a little confusion. The panels I am needing are for passage doors not cabinet doors, and I only need the panels, not the whole door. Thanks again.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Windows Explorer is \"My Computer\" or any other folder on your computer. The DXF is wherever you saved it so you just open \"My Computer\" (by double-clicking it) and browse through the folder list to the location where you saved the DXF.

Then you click on that file with the right mouse button and select \"Send to - Compressed Folder\" from the popup menu.

That is the file you would in turn post. It will have the same name as the DXF but will end with .zip.
Adam Mapel

Post by Adam Mapel »

Well why didn't you say that in the first place Dan, thanks. :lol: Using all these big words like 'right-click' and 'windows'.

Well then, here it is. As I said, if anyone is interested, please let me know.
Attachments
door.zip
(23.78 KiB) Downloaded 346 times