Hinge hole problems Again!!!

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Hinge hole problems Again!!!

Post by Nick M Singer »

Looks like the hinge hole problem is back with a vengeance. I have done a a few jobs now which nests perfectly in eCabs but when I nest them in RN v5.07 and then in V5.08 the hinge holes go wonk! I am getting the side dowel holes in the correct positions but the boss hole in arb places like in other parts. This is obviosly a problem because when I test ran the code it is actually machining in the incorrect places and hence damaging parts. We used to pick up this problem with corner cab doors but these are ordinary doors. If I were to hazard a guess I would say it was related to the fact that these doors and drawer fronts were part of a group.
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Nick, could you please create the controlnest508.cab file using the export button at the bottom of the control nesting screen and then send me that f and the twd file, I'll start looking into it. Send them to program@thermwood.com

Thanks
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Thanks Daniel I will forward the files. I note that this problem even throws the numbering on the nesting sheets all over the place. It only happens to parts that are in a group.