z axis out of bounds???

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

z axis out of bounds???

Post by Mark Hesketh »

for some reason today, the router doesn't like me too much. it cut one sheet fine, but as soon as it tries to run the next sheet, i get a \"z axis out of bounds\" error as soon as it tries to drill the first hole. i have done everything i can think of, including deleting the gang-drill from the tool setup to force it to use the single drill, but the same error message pops up every time. i just updated to cn5.10 last night, could that be the problem? if so, how do i revert to a previous version?

please help! :cry:
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

more on this problem...

it appears to be a problem with the version 10 update. a job that was compiled before i updated still runs fine, but the job compiled after the update craps out every time.

the \"z axis out of bounds\" is apparently happening because it wants to drill the holes 11.7274 inches into my table!!! why? i don't know.

still hunting for a solution
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

ok, after some more examination, it turns out that the problem is not with the entire job, but just with the gables for one cabinet in the job... just happens to be the first thing it wants to drill. the rest of the code appears to be alright. so now i am guessing that this is som eproblem in communication between ecab and control nesting...
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Mark,

Check to see if you have a decimal point in the wrong place in eCab for your hole depth. I've had that before. It was trying to drill 5\" deep when I wanted .5\".

Brian
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

yeah, so apparently the problem has something to do tih ecabs. I went back and regenerated the problem cabinet and reposted the job and it seems to be working fine now.

hope you all enjoyed my drama :oops: